Daily Faith Life
From the first day of creation, God has been planning and preparing for a family. His great desire is to walk with, talk with, and share with His people.
- God prepared an extravagant garden in which to place His man. Everything was ready and it was "very good." Gen 1:31
- God came in the cool evening to walk and talk with Adam. Gen 3:8
- When Adam committed treason, God began talking and planning a way to restore fellowship. Gen 3:15; Rom 5:17-19
- God's final plan-He never changes-is to live with His man Rev 22:5
- God says to anyone who will come to Him or call upon Him or seek for Him WILL find Him.
- God is not hiding Himself, He desires to be found by us. He wants to be a God to us, to provide everything for us, everything good so that our lives will be like "those of heaven on earth." Deut 11:21
- Accept God's provision for restored fellowship and live as part of God's own family-a son or daughter of the Almighty with full rights and privileges. or
- Reject God's provision and continue the futile effort of meeting our own needs without God, living in fear, lack and sickness, and spending eternity suffering the judgement deserved for the treason of man-unnecessarily because that judgement has already been made.
Yesterday I took the kids to the Microsoft Store for a free computer class. They offer 5 different classes that run 5 weeks each. The kids are learning how to run Microsoft Office. They all made power points. With the power points they made up stories. The stories they made up could one of two ways. It was very cute and the kids did very well.
So we are trying this new system that I have made up. I was feeling very overwhelmed teaching four different grade levels in one day. So now I am doing it in style.
Every morning when the kids wake up they have a clipboard with their agenda sheet waiting for them on it. It reminds them of their morning chores and it has their goals of what I want to see them accomplish in school that day. Plus there is a reading log on each of their clipboards.
Everyday we have 4 centers. Math, Reading, Spelling, and ?. The ? crate will hold something different everyday. Last week I had one of the girls bake a cake for her ? crate. Today they are going to finish putting together their AWANA’s Grand Prix cars. It is not always a craft sometimes I have them write letters or make up a story.
So far it has worked very well. The kids love waking up and knowing what is going to happen that day. Their attitudes also have improved tremendously.Happy Homeschooling
Today is the beginning of our week. When my husband is off we don't homeschool. So those are our weekends. His days off vary so that is why today Thursday is our Monday.
I know this is a little late, but a lot has been going on in my household. It is a new year and it is time to get back into the swing of things. First I am really going to start trying harder to blog. I am HORRIBLE at everyday routines and sticking to them. I am more than dteremined to try. Also with the economy lately finances have been really tight. So I am trying all kinds of homemade items trying to cut corners.
- Our Daily Routine
- Homemade Laundry Soap (does it really work)
- How to teach reading (or what has worked for me)
God believes in the family. After all, He is the one who thought it up and brought Eve to Adam in the garden. Adam liked the sight of her so well, he said wooo...man.
Ok, forgive the little bit of humor, but you get my point. God instituted and ordained the family unit and, since He never changes, He still believes in and supports it.
When we have families that are fractured and torn apart by hurtful words and actions, we can know that is NOT the blessing of the Lord at work. Families full of strife and conflict are NOT the result of the blessing of the Lord. Families with children who are into addictions and evil works or who are estranged are NOT the result of the blessing of the Lord. This is the result of the curse at work. Look at Deuteronomy 28: 30-32 to see this listed in the curse.
You'll get engaged to a woman and another man will take her for his mistress;... Your sons and daughters will be shipped off to foreigners; you'll wear your eyes out looking vainly for them, helpless to do a thing.
Deuteronomy 28 The Message
According to Galatians 3:13, those of us who have made Jesus the Lord of our life and are recreated in Him have been redeemed from, or made free from, this part of the curse along with all the other things listed in the last part of chapter 28 of Deuteronomy.
When Christ Jesus died on the cross of Calvary, He became sin, He became the curse, Galatians 3, and He bore upon himself ALL our grief, sickness, failure, and lack.
Isaiah 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: ...
Galatians 3:13-14 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ;
- The Lord told me that the year 2013 will be a year for restoration of families. God's plan of peace, harmony, and love is meant to be lived out and experienced first in our own homes and then into our neighborhoods and the world.
- It is time to stop crying over that son or daughter who has left home and is in the pigpen of life. It is time to be bold in our faith and in the promise of God's word.
- It is time to declare to the enemy "It is enough." My child is coming home to restoration and peace with his family and with his God.
- It is time to take a stand and say "I will believe God is teaching my child according to Isaiah 54:13 and my child will acknowledge God and His righteousness. According to the word of God in Isaiah 29:23-24 NIV. My child is gaining understanding and is accepting instruction.
Jesus taught us in Mark 11:22-24, that when we are bold to ask and believe we receive when we ask, we can have whatsoever we say. Let us boldly declare restoration to our families and refuse to quit believing until we see it come to pass.
Be blessed in Jesus in 2013
I apologize to my son and many others today. It is because I told them that Christ was almost certainly not born at Christmas time. I told them it didn't matter when He was born, but that the important thing is He Was Born into the world. I encouraged people to celebrate the fact of Christ's birth and use the opportunities of Christmas to remind the world of His birth-see my post on Celebrate Christmas. Of course, that is the main point, but
- I invite you to read this article that shows Jesus was indeed born not only at Christmas time but on December 25th. This man uses clear indications of time contained in the scriptural accounts of Jesus' birth to show us when Jesus was born. Isn't it amazing that we think we have to apologize for God? He knows what He is doing and we should trust Him in every thing.
It truly does take a village to raise a child. We are very blessed to have some wonderful neighbors where we live. They came to me asking if they could do a science class with the kids.
Yesterday's tragedy in Connecticut is just one more reason why I know I made the right decision. It is one more reason that I am thankful and grateful that I homeschool.
I know that I have talked to several parents that are seriously thinking about homeschooling in the wake of yesterday's events. I would never pressure anyone into doing so. But I would like to be available to anyone that has questions. It is always great to have someone to talk to. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I do not pretend to even begin to know how they are all feeling. I know that as a mother, I simply would be devastated by the loss of any of my children. We all need to be thankful for each precious moment we have with our children. We have no guarantees for tomorrow so let's make the most of today.
So as we pray for the families, we also need to remember to pray for the police officers and those involved who now have horrific images forced in their heads.
I love this time of year. I love the shopping amid stores brightly lit with greenery and trees. I love the lights, candy canes, and snow globes up and down my street. I love the smiles and greetings and general good will that nearly everyone shares so freely at Christmas time. Oh, I know that sales people are told to say "Happy Holidays" but I just smile and say "Merry Christmas" right back at them. Many, many will smile with relief and return my greeting or nod their head in agreement. Some will display some irritation, but I really don't care.
This is our time of year, our time to celebrate. Mall Santas, gingerbread cookies, even Elf on a Shelf, only add to the general atmosphere of celebration. The best part is this;
Almost the whole world knows that this is the time we celebrate the birth of Christ Jesus, the Son of God. The world knows who Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus are. They know about the shepherds, the angels and the Wise Men. The world is so very aware that they want to shut us up but let us take advantage of this time of year to remind everyone we see, everyone who drives by my house and sees the nativity scene in my front yard, or everyone who happens to be near enough to hear me say Merry Christmas, that this is our time to celebrate.
God promised Eve in the Garden of Eden that Satan would one day be defeated, crushed, by her very own offspring. When God's plan came into the earth that night in Bethlehem, the heavenly hosts were so excited they could not contain themselves and broke out in song upon the hills. This was not one solitary angel, this was the heavenly choir. Can you imagine how that must have sounded? It was enough to make the shepherds leave their sheep in the field and go searching for the baby. It was enough to convince them of the importance of the event.
The wise men, too, were impressed by the appearance of the star and began the two year long quest to find the reason for its presence.
I know that Jesus was not born on December 25. I know that the wise men were not at the manger with the shepherds-they came nearly two years later. I know the world has its own traditions that are not about the Christ Child, but that is all the more reason to use every opportunity to use our influence to remind the world, the devil, and anyone else who may be listening, that "God so loved the world, He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Let us join with the angelic host and celebrate the birth of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ this Christmas.
- God loves us and knows the things we need Your heavenly Father knows that you need them. Instead, desire first and foremost God's kingdom and God's righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well Matthew 29;32-33
- Jesus has said he will never leave us Hebrews 13:5; Deut 31:6; Romans 8: 38-39
- Jesus has already defeated Satan and made us victorious through Him Hebrews 2:14 by his(Jesus') death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death-that is, the devil (see also Romans 8:37)
- Jesus said he gives us of His peace. The word peace indicates a restful waiting. How can we rest in the middle of the chaos? By knowing that Christ Jesus finished the entire plan of redemption at the cross. This means that you and I nothing to do but believe, trust, rely upon, and rest in Him. Hebrews 4:9-11
Today Sweet Pea came to me and said, "Mom, I am just not learning anything." What does a mother say to that? I was shocked and speechless.
When we first began homeschooling we decided to go with the Alpha Omega curriculum. Eventually we found LIFEPAC worked better for the younger two and Switched on Schoolhouse worked best for the older two. At first we found the computer program, Switched on Schoolhouse intimidating. This program lasted only 15 days before we quit. Yes, I QUIT! Crazy, I know, but after all the kids had gone through with public school I didn't want to discourage them. I decided that I needed to focus on their weakest subject, reading. We included some math and spelling but we focused on reading and comprehension.
Recently I had the kids tested on their reading levels and was surprised to find out we were making wonderful progress. As you may already know it is difficult to judge their progress when you are with them every day but their test confirmed tremendous advancement. I was one very proud mama!
After Sweet Pea's comments I was shocked but we decided to try Alpha Omega again. So we have officially started back with Switched on Schoolhouse. The girls love it. They actually wanted to stay up late and keep working. We picked up right where we left off and I was amazed at how eager they were to just sit, read and do quizzes on things that they had learned months ago. I am happy to find they are passing all their quizzes!!
Hi!! My name is Amber and I am Kay's daughter. My mom and dad raised my brother in a Christian home and gave us many opportunities as we were growing up.
I am all grown up now (well we are always growing and learning). I am married to the love of my life and I have 4 very beautiful children. We are a very active family that loves to be on the go ALL the time.
Through very many rough days and nights of crying myself to sleep. We have decided to homeschool our children. How we came to this decision will be in a later post. So with that said I am joining forces with my mom. She has this wonderful blog called Just Faith Life and I was thinking I am just taking Faith in homeschooling my children. So I asked her if she would like to blog together. Obviously she said yes!!!
I want to blog about all of my ups and downs with homeschooling the kids. I want to do this in hopes that maybe it will help another family that is considering homeschooling or is actually homeschooling and needs a few ideas. Homeschooling seems scary and overwhelming (especially when you are teaching 4 different grade levels) but it is achievable and it is affordable no matter how much or little you make.
Hope that this blog will blesses many families!!
|The Watchman's Cry.url|
1K View Download
- we are to be light,
- we are to be salt,
- we are to show forth the glory of God into a dark world.
Colossians 3: 1-3
If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
(The following is a prophecy given to me on 21 Aug, 2012 while praying the scriptures concerning rain listed below.)
Look for and watch, for a mighty harvest, particularly in the gay and lesbian communities is already at the doors.
I have heard the cries of fathers and mothers, of sister and brothers, and their prayers and tears are continually before me, says the Lord.
Say not within yourselves, this is too hard.
Is there anything too hard for me? Is my arm shortened that it cannot save?
Take heed that you be not like the workmen who bore the heat of the day, who were jealous and envious of the eleventh hour workmen, for it is your Father's purpose to bring many into the Kingdom.
Ask of me rain in the time of latter rain, and even now, the clouds are thick and dark with the weight of it and thunder is already beginning to roll. I say to you, it will be a deluge; a deluge to soften the ground and bring to life a multitude of dormant seed.
For there is seed in that ground and my seed is incorruptible seed and it will spring forth and it will produce a harvest-a quick harvest- of righteousness to me, says the Lord.